martes, 14 de febrero de 2012

Duane Michals

"I have been interested in spiritual things forever and I always will be," he says. "I'm curious about everything. I'm curious about physics, I'm curious about who's speaking, I'm curious about the very nature of my very existence - and that is illumination." 

"I'm interested in what happens when you die. I don't know how you can be alive and not question that issue - I think that is a very reasonable question"



Ceci n'est pas une image


Mirror of uncertain


A master of honest and inventive portraiture, one of Michals' favorite subjects are other artists - in this case, the creative but reclusive genius Joseph Cornell


The day the silent snow descends and lolls to sleep all living friends, I too will slumber in the earth among the seeds and squirrel's birth. Who will miss me? Who will care? When I am called and no one's there?"